"Beware when the great God lets loose a thinker on this planet." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson US essayist & poet (1803 - 1882)

Monday, February 02, 2009

It's Official

Mike is registered for the Flying Pig in May. We signed up Saturday night just minutes before the entry fee went up $15! We like to fly by the seat of our pants around here. He started training a couple of weeks ago and from what I can tell, so far so good...'cept all his miles have been logged on the dread mill (and I got a nice electric bill to prove it). Yesterday he did take advantage of the nice weather and ran to my dad's house (about 12 miles steadily uphill the entire way with a huge elevation shift in the last 2 miles) to watch the Super Bowl. I keep telling him that the elevation shift is good training for the hilly Flying Pig.

This weekend he should be able to log some sunny miles while he's down in Bradenton, FL visiting his grandmother...he can't spend three entire days at the hospital, he'll go nuts.

1 comment:

Nitmos said...

I'm in also. Also did 12 miles on Sunday. No hills for me though.